Monday, December 21, 2009

Almost stepped in it

Below is a conversation I had with a very over protective parent. I saw the conversation going down hill quickly so I kept it respectful... close call though. Im just glad Im the one dealing with this, not everyone would be as reasonable.

David Sherman
3:16
hey, ---
is ------ phone number xxx-xxx-xxxx?
3:34---- came back

-------
3:59
hey
no its not, Im waiting for a call back from him now

David Sherman
3:59
hey

------
3:59
hes at work I think today

David Sherman
3:59
can you just give me his phone number so I can call him directly. It will speed things up in the future

------
4:00
Hes only 17, we dont give his number out sorry
IM not really sure why your waiting on one vote, its pretty overwhelming isnt it?

David Sherman
4:00
...ok, I can respect that. However I will ask him for his number personally next time I see him.

------
4:01
sure, bypass his Dad, great idea

David Sherman
4:01
Thats not my intention... is he allowed to give out his own number? If hes not then I wont ask him
------
4:02
His mother and I prefer that his number is not passed out. That is how its been since he was 15 and got his phone
I'll ask her if she minds

David Sherman
4:04
fair enough. As for the one vote thing. Its our policy to make sure that everyone wants the new person on the team. An all or nothing system. It keeps the team involved and in good step with each other on and off the field.
4:04You have connected

-----------
4:07
alrighty, Ill let you know as soon as he gets ahold of me.

David Sherman
4:08
Ok, Ill be waiting for your update.
4:09----- disconnected

No comments: