Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Rest In Peace, Madison Peterson-Hill

I dont know what to say...
You werent the closest of friends with me. Actually more than anything you were a rival of mine. I hated you back then. Looking back on it, it wasnt you I hated but rather the world I was surrounded by. A world you crafted and permeated. You always were a leader of men. You were meant to be so much more than you realized. I didnt realize it myself back then in elementary school but I was always trying to beat your records, always striving to just once be faster, stronger or better than you in just one way. I dont even know why. You even joined the Marines when I myself considered it but walked away. I dont regret my decision... but it takes real balls to take that step. Its fucked up isnt it? You prepare yourself for your friends to die in combat but you never expect them to be killed while crossing the street.

Ive been thinking about the life you were given and the world you lived in. I wonder now... what life will you live the next trip around? Was your soul twisted and dark? Was it beautiful and strong? What will you experience the next time around?

I always expected to be the first of my friends to die. The headaches, the body pains, the danger I always seem to put myself in. Ive always had this kind of feeling for several years that I wouldnt make it past 25 years old. That might have just been me being pessimistic.

The man known as Madison Peterson-Hill is now dead, though his soul lives on. The journey of the soul is just beginning. Good luck and Gods speed. May you life a happier life the next time around.

No comments: