Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Come with me if you want adventure

I added some friends of mine to facebook a little while ago, and they were looking through my pictures and where amazed. They wanted to know how long I was in the military and where I went off to on an indiana jones adventure.
I told them right away of course that it was all just airsoft
but there was something about that, that got me thinking

We dont live in movies, we dont always get to live lives that are amazing. A lot of people live in a world where their day to day drudgery is their lives, and the weekends might be a break where they wait until they start more day to day stuff. But I live a life that a lot of people dream about, that a lot of people want to have. I get to go out and lead a group of great friends out on a field and have a fun time. I have pictures and stories of rediculous adventures that can only exist in something make believe like movies or airsoft. And all this in a wierd way helped remind me a little bit of the kind of person I am... I am the kind of person that people want to have lead them, I am the kind of friend that people trust, I am the kind of person that takes people out of their day to day and takes them on adventures (in airsoft or otherwise). And in that I can at least accept a small amount of self worth. There is still a lot for me to chew threw, but it was a refreshing feeling.

Theres nothing more important to me than saving people. Whether its from themselves, their past, their future or from their day to day drudgery. Thats why I want to be a teacher.

No comments: