Wednesday, September 10, 2008

60 going on 16

I have historically been pretty close to my bosses at work. This one particularly every now and again likes to rant to me about how old he is feeling and about his girlfriends anxiety attacks and how he doesnt think her therapist is any good. He is really easy to get going. We go back and forth discussing things and I usually give him some insight into what is probably going on in the minds of the people around him. Sound advice and the like. Today however was kind of special.

At the end he said to me, "Dave you are a really great listener and I appreciate your advice. I dont know what it is... I feel like Im looking at a 16 year old. But also like Im talking to a 60 year old that has seen as much as me. You are one of the wisest people I have ever met, but you are so young. Its like you died and came back, but retained all that wisdom." He added "Ive never seen you get upset, you are so easy going and you always do a good job. I like that about you. In fact in all the years we have worked together the only time I ever saw you get upset was when your girlfriend left you. I've been married three times and I wanted more than anything else to give you some advice to tell you that it was going to be ok and that you would make it through it, but I couldnt find the words. But.. Im proud of you."

The best part is that he is a christian, who just suggested reincarnation. Now I believe in reincarnation anyway. I didnt want to tell him that in my meditation I have seen things from before my time. Possibly from my past lives. I really dont get much love in the way of compliments, I dont really know how to take them, compliments make me blush, but I love getting them more than anything else. My boss is always ready to tell me how well I am doing. It almost makes me sad to know that I will be leaving there one day to eventually become a teacher, but being a teacher is who I am inside and if I dont become what I am then I could never live with myself.

No comments: