Thursday, September 11, 2008

Amelie

Years ago back in high school we watched Amelie in sophomore French class. I only saw the first half of it and various clips of the last half of it. I fell asleep in class a lot. I didnt really pay much attention in class, French came very naturally to me so I didnt feel I needed to. I remember Madame Albert (Albere) used to compliment me on my very natural French accent. She used to wonder how I did so well when I didnt apply myself. To me I dont really know. In fact thats not really where I wanted to go with this blog.

What this is about is that I finished watching Amelie tonight. Having now seen the whole thing I realized what a beautiful piece it is. And actually it showed me exactly what my type is. I thought back to all the girls I have ever found myself interested in. They have always been very artistic. That is important to me. I like girls with artistic expression. I like girls with hobbies that I can get into like photos and drawing. I like girls that think differently, the kind that see things others wouldnt recognize. The type whos minds seem to operate just a little differently than your typical girl. I like the cute girls, not the voluptuous amazonian goddesses that we create and call beautiful. But most importantly I like girls who have beautiful hearts. Girls that enjoy reaching out and helping people. Those are my type. Girls like Allison, Crystal, Priscilla, Heather and Natasha. These are the types I am so inspired by and these are the types I want to get to know more. I'm actually really happy I am going to PSU. It is sort of a focal point for the kind of thought I so enjoy. One day I will find an Amelie to share life with... one day.

No comments: