Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Memories

Virtue - You dont need a reason to help people.
Sorrow - How do you prove that you exist...? maybe we dont exist..
Dilemma - Having sworn fealty must I spend my life in servitude?
Indulgence - I do what I want! You have problem!?
Devotion - Someday I will be queen, but I will always be myself.
Despair - To be forgotten is worse than death.
Arrogance - The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty.
Solitude - I don't wanna be alone anymore...

These were the first philosophical ideals introduced to me when I was in eighth grade and started playing through FF9. It was when I started pondering existance, servitude, the future and various other concepts, it gave me something to think about when I used to sit in my tree during recess. Its ironic that the game brings back such fond memories of my childhood even though it was not a very fond time for me. I'm going to play through it again, I think I need to reconsider the basics of these concepts. Its only natural for people to reinvent themselves every now and again, for me I feel that to keep growing as a person I need to better grasp these.

No comments: