Wednesday, September 10, 2008

If life is but a dream

What a profound few days it has been. Amidst dealing with my own fear of being alone until Im old and bitter I have also been doing a lot of soul searching and meditation. One such subject I discussed with Tam. If life is but a dream, what is the significance of dreams within the greater dream that is life? Now Tam is one of the few people I have met who has actually experienced a similar aspect of life as I have. We very in many many ways, but he actually sees experiences in a very similar light. Both tam and I have had dreams in which we saw each other. In his case he was driving his car and in the car was jennell and myself. But he had never even seen me before. In my case I was working in a computer lab with him and noticed a particularly strange mouse pad, I then moved the mouse pad to a working computer next to it. I had also, never known tam at the time of the dream. In both cases, both events would eventually happen. Exactly as they played out in the dream. Truely a rare find. I have had many dreams like this where I met people I didnt know in a dream but would later come to meet in my life. But I digress.

It is his belief that what he and I experience in our dreams are a sort of checkpoint. Like the universes way of telling us we are on the right track to whatever our destinies may hold. I actually have to say that this makes a ton of sense. First I met zaamen, then priscilla and now tam. I actually am really looking forward to the next checkpoint. This however doesnt give much answer to the dreams that appear to have nothing realistic to them. Nightmares and the like.

This bit I came to of my own accord. I believe that there is a message in our dreams, that our dreams are like signs trying to send us towards the checkpoints and letting us know just what we must do within ourselves. Telling us we need to explore what is shown to us. In my case I have been plagued by nightmares of a shadowy figure abducting all of my closest friends and then assaulting me. Ive woken up physically shaking from this nightmare. But I believe it is telling me that I must deal with my fear before I am to see the next checkpoint. I suppose only time will tell. But for now that is my answer to the significance of dreams within the greater dream that is life. They are arrows pointing us in the direction of whatever is coming next, they tell us when we are on the right path. How does our path affect our life or greater dream the next time we are reincarnated? I havent figured that one out yet.

No comments: